Series: The Phoenix Pack #2
Published by Montlake Romance on April 16th 2013
Genres: Paranormal, Romance, Adult, Fantasy & Magic
Despite having been besotted with Dante Garcea since she was a child, wolf shifter Jaime Farrow figures that it’s time to move past the crush. If he wanted her, he wouldn’t have ignored her flirtatious behavior, right? Hiding her intense attraction to him isn’t easy – especially now that they're part of the same pack again – but with bigger issues to worry about and with the submissive wolf act to maintain, Jaime is resolute on moving forward. Now if only the workaholic control-freak would let her…
As the pack Beta, Dante doesn't have the space or time in his life for a relationship. As such, he ignores his intense hunger for the willful – and sometimes crazy – Jaime. Yet when her flirtations abruptly end, Dante finds that he doesn’t like losing her attention. He finds something else too – Jaime's hiding something. Determined to uncover her secret, he sets out to break through her defenses, even though being around her intensifies his cravings for her. What he finds is a problem that Jaime is convinced not even a powerful Beta can solve.
Wicked Cravings is book #2 in the fabulous Phoenix Pack series by Suzanne Wright!
This is a re-read for me, but apparently I hadn’t done a review. Or at least not on this blog. I seem to have started at book #3 here, so I’m going back and writing one for each book #1 Feral Sins and book #2 Wicked Cravings.
I so very much love this book! I’m enjoying it even more this time around than I did the first time and the first time was awesome enough!
Let’s get to it
- Suzanne Wright’s characters are so adorable that you can’t help but fall in love with them all and even love to hate the villains! Jaime and Dante are so perfect! Again, another strong female character with kick ass morals and strength both physically and mentally. Dante? Well, he’s just as amazing as he was in book 1.
- Jaime’s story is so heart warming. You immediately feel for her and her wolf and what is holding her back. She has a very strong morality and refuses to put herself ahead of anyone.
- Dante has his own story of craptastic measure and yet he’s got his own set of morals that are second to none. He has a hard time letting himself feel too much but not when it comes to Jaime.
- The dynamic of the pack in this shifter series is awesome. I’ve read a lot of shifter stories and I truly love this one the most. They are a tight knit family of friends and actual family members and it’s great.
- The whole dominant wolf over submissive wolf is played out in such a way that it’s a hint of BDSM but not the full fledged BDSM that I’m used to. It’s a more subtle hint toward that genre.
- The sex is sizzling hot!!!
- Did I say that the sex was hot?
I am a huge fan of Suzanne Wright! This series is phenomenal and I love all of the characters and since this is a re-read for me I’m already caught up to her latest book #5 (Savage Urges)… and I cannot wait for more from this gang! I’m particularly waiting for Dominic’s and Trick’s stories. I love Dominic!
In A Nutshell
Loved it! Loved the story and especially the characters!