Series: Immortal Guardians #6
Published by Zebra on 25 August 2015
Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance
The Immortal Guardians protect the innocent in secret. Sometimes the secret gets out...
U.S. law enforcement agent Heather Lane can read minds. But not the future. The dream of battle and blood that recurs every night must be a fluke, some obscure terror from her own mind. What its significance might be, she can’t guess: an attack from seven psychotic vampires at once, only separated from nightmare by an eighth very different immortal. A handsome, brave man fighting at her side, a man she misses when she wakes.
Then the dream comes true.
Heather is flung into a war between predators and protectors of humanity, the man from her dreams beside her again. Except now that she’s awake, she isn’t sure she can trust Ethan, or the shadow organization he represents. The U.S. military doesn’t trust either of them. But against an onslaught of evil like the one that’s coming, it will take everything they have just to survive...
Yeah, I’m so doing the happy dance on this one!
Shadows Strike is book #6 in the Immortal Guardians series by Dianne Duvall.
- This series has been a favourite of mine since first picking up Darkness Dawns a few years ago. Ever since, I have read each book and cannot wait for the next. I love them all! The characters are absolutely phenomenal! You cannot help but fall in love with each and every one of them. I have a particular “Love-On” for one drop dead gorgeous Immortal/Other also known as the Illustrious Leader, Seth. This book is Ethan and Heather’s story, but Seth is in each book and he’s been growing on me since book 1. He’s undoubtedly my favourite character, although, any one of them could be because they’re all so amazing.
- Heather is a great little character and one kick-ass chick! She’s adorable. Ethan is a pretty great immortal himself. We met Ethan in the last book, Night Unbound, which was Lizette & Zach’s story. I loved that story but couldn’t help but have a soft spot for Ethan and how he ended up at the end. I’m very pleased with how his story unfolds in this one. Ethan and Heather have a very special connection and you feel it from their very first meeting. It’s a “Warm Fuzzies” kind of read. Plus, they kick ass together quite well!
- I so very much love touching base with all of the previous characters while concentrating on the two main characters plus being introduced to new characters, which I’m sure will be in future books. It keeps them all together and I love that connection. It’s amazing.
- Action anyone? This book is full of it! Right from the very first chapter to the end. It’s got it all! Love, Romance, witty humour, ass kickings, life, death, despair and most of all hope.
- Absolutely NOTHING!!!! No nay! All yay!
In addition to the fantastic characters and the fabulous storyline that grabs you from the very first word to the last, the Immortal Guardians series gives you a sense of warmth when you’re reading it. It’s the way Dianne Duvall brings all of her characters together in each book to support and love each other like family. She also has an amazing knack for giving each character their own unique vibe simply with her amazing dialogue. It’s witty, sarcastic and hilariously funny. Especially from the grumpy ones like Roland, Zach and Bastian. Seriously, laugh out loud moments and tears dribbling down your chin moments.
In A Nutshell:
A definite must read! Don’t start here though. You must start with Roland’s book, Darkness Dawns. If you like Vampires and Immortals, humour, romance, friendship, love and some of the sexiest love-making that you can only get from an Immortal Guardian you cannot go wrong with this series.