» New books!

Posted November 5, 2009 by / 0 comments

New books!
Well… new to me as of this morning!  I start work at 8:30 am and our local Walmart is open at 8:00 so I have almost a full 20 minutes to shop before I scoot out the door and drive up the hill to my office.  I’m a terrible person when it comes to books.  Absolutely  horrific!  I cannot walk by books without looking.   Using the word “looking” very loosely here.  I almost always buy at least one even when the budget is screaming at me.  Anyway, I got 4 books today!  Yay!
king tut dracula
I have been wanting Hunger Games & Catching Fire, but other books always seem to come first.  These were both on sale for 60% off and King Tut, well, I just found out it was out the other day and it was 40% off.  The one that’s the surprise is the Dracula, The Un-Dead by Dacre Stoker.  Apparently it takes place right after Dracula.  Here is the discription from the cover…..
Someone is stalking the brave band of heroes who defeated the vampire Dracula. Does the legendary monster thought to be destroyed yet remain the un-dead?

Dracula: The Un-Dead is set twenty-five years after the close of Bram Stoker’s classic tale. Dark forces are closing in on London. Quincey—son of Jonathan Harker and Mina Murray—and his companions, many of them original characters, must join together to do everything in their power to stop them.

The only sequel endorsed by the Stoker family, Dracula: The Un-Dead is written by one of Stoker’s direct descendants and an award-winning Dracula historian who had access to Bram Stoker’s handwritten notes, which included characters and plot threads excised from the original printing. The result is an authentic thriller with all the hallmarks of a great historical novel.

So, I’m a little excited about these.  I’ve added them to my TBR pile.  Not sure when I’ll get to each but at least I have them.

PS:  My husband is away today and that’s kinda scary… I want so badly to stop at Indigo on the way home.  I’ll have to bring out all the stops with my discipline and try and stay away.  It’s getting too close to Christmas to be spending too much more money on myself.

Paw prings

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.