Published by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated on April 14th 2015
Genres: Adult, Romance
Detective Atticus Ware gave up his beloved Idaho to start again in the mountains of California, close to his imprisoned brother. He has a rewarding job and friends, but the experienced Dominant wants more than the Do-Me submissives who flock around him. He needs a woman who will give her heart as well as her body.
Virginia, "Gin," is damn good at her challenging career as a prison psychologist. However, one problem inmate is mired in misery and unable to overcome his guilt at causing a friend's death. To clear her mind, she joins a friend's kinky backpacking excursion, planning to hide in her tent during the evening BDSM pursuits. But Atticus lures her into the activities. She's read about BDSM, but submission under the hands of a powerful Dom is beyond anything she'd imagined. She doesn't trust men, doesn't want a relationship, and yet...wants more from him.
Finally, Atticus has found the woman he wants in his life. In his bed. In his cuffs. But she's not only his brother's therapist, but also works in a prison. How can he tolerate his woman walking into danger every single blasted day? Gin knows she has no future with Atticus Ware, but still, hope is rising in her heart.
Masters of Freedom is book #5 in the Mountain Masters & Dark Haven series by Cherise Sinclair.
It’s been what seems like forever since I’ve read something from this series. It was so nice to get reconnected with this crew. They are an awesome bunch!
- The characters: Both Atticus and Gin are fantastic! Gin is a hell of a female character! She’s just wicked strong and someone that anyone can look up to. Brilliant job on her character. Atticus of course is all sexy hot male Dom and yummy, but he’s got a vulnerable side to him that just makes you melt.
- New character: Atticus has a brother named Sawyer. I could be wrong, but I think I might see a book in his future. I sure hope so because I freakin’ love him already!!!
- Trigger: The stray dog was introduced in the beginning and I instantly have a soft spot for dogs anyway, but he just melts your heart too. Loved having a dog!
- Previous characters: I missed this crew. Particularly Jake and Logan, but also the entire crew from both Mountain Masters and Dark Haven. So nice to reunite the family feel.
- The whole theme of the story I loved. The way both Atticus and Gin had issues to work through and how they were brought together and worked through their issues. They helped each other.
- The action! Wow! The book was already going very nicely for me because I loved how the relationship part was going, but then Sinclair kicked it into high gear for the last few chapters and oh my God! Literally right on the edge of your seat action. Awesome!
- The humour and dialogue was pretty great. I don’t know why but pretty much all of my favourite Doms that I read about has a wicked sense of humour… and sometimes I mean that literally. Pure evil but very fun.
- Absolutely nothing comes to mind. I don’t think there is anything I didn’t like about this book. Okay… well maybe just one thing… it is extremely hard to do with me because I have to keep up with my “Major Bitch With The Cold Heart” persona but… this book brought tears to my eyes. Dammit!
- I can’t really discuss the favourite part of this book without giving spoilers away, but I’m referring to the exchange between Logan and Gin AFTER their misunderstanding. I read it four times before moving on. It was just so sweet and sincere and… perfect!
- Love love love Chapter 20!
- Cherise Sinclair is really amazing. I love this series as well as her Master of the Shadowlands series.
- She has a way of making me fall in love with all of her characters and she always brings the whole “family” feel to her stories.
- I love how she brings back previous characters so we can touch base with them.